According to American Society of Plastic Surgeons an increasing number of women in the United States undergo breast augmentation procedures. In 2020, 18.1 million cosmetic procedures were recorded in United States, among those breast augmentation continues to be top cosmetic surgical procedure.
"Rising demand for cosmetic procedure and favorable reimbursement policies by government are spurring the autologous fat grafting market" says a Fact.MR analyst.
The global autologous fat grafting market is projected to grow at a healthy CAGR of 10% through 2031. Increasing demand for non-invasive and minimally-invasive procedures has been accelerating the demand autologous fat grafting procedures. Rising inclination among youth for the correction of contour deformities and towards breast augmentation is driving the growth of market.
According to the study, breast augmentation is expected to dominate the market. Breast augmentation is one of the top performed cosmetic surgeries across the globe. Advancement in technology and innovation in grafting procedures have increased the demand for breast augmentation.
Furthermore, rising prevalence of skin disorders and scars due to burns or accidents are creating opportunities for autologous fat grafting providers. Rising demand for breast augmentation across the U.S., Brazil, and UK is creating lucrative opportunities for autologous fat grafting manufacturers.
- In terms of product, integrated fat transfer systems to account for 55% of total market share
- Breast augmentation expected to hold over 45% of market share
- United States to lead the North American autologous fat grafting market backed by technological advancements and R&D activities in the region
- UK and Germany to expand at the rate of 10% CAGR each through 2031
- Brazil is expected to emerge as a lucrative market due to the rising breast augmentation procedures through 2021
- Growing number of cosmetic procedure to improve the growth in Japan
- Hospitals to account for nearly half of the total market share
Prominent players operating in the global autologous fat grafting market profiled by Fact.MR include AbbVie Inc., Sisram Medical Limited, Plus Therapeutics Inc., Genesis Biosystems Inc., Black Tie Medical Inc., Ranfac Corp., HK Surgical Inc., MicroAire Surgical Instruments LLC, Innovia Medical Inc., Human Med AG, Sterimedix Ltd., Proteal Bio regenerative Solutions and Lipogems International SPA among others. Leading players are developing innovative products incorporating advanced technology to retain and increase their market share.
For instance, in April 2019, Alma, a Sisram Medical Company announced the launch of BeautiFill, the first laser-based platform to produce high quality autologous fat for holistic body and face contouring with the added benefits of reducing surgical procedure time and associated risk.
Also, in 2020, medical device company GC Aesthetics launched its next generation of GCA breast implants, PERLE.